BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- Jeremy Fowler tweeted out that the Eagles signed cornerback Steven Nelson to a one-year deal worth more than $4 million. With the Steelers playing Philly after the Hall of Fame Game, my bet is that the warm and fuzzies will surely not be flying high in Philly that night.
- Pro Football Talk reported that Steelers’ unvaccinated players will be wearing yellow wristbands at practice. There are very few Men of Steel that have not received the Covid-19 vaccine for reasons of their own though. This reminds me of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s 1850 work, The Scarlet Letter. No, Hester Prynne didn’t sign a future’s contract with the Steelers back in January. I sure hope the unvaccinated don’t have to wear a spray painted letter “U” on their jerseys.
- It was reported by Mark Kaboly that the contracts of free agent acquisitions Trai Turner and Melvin Ingram III included voidable years. Apparently my starter wife, the original Mrs. BAD, snuck voidable years into our wedding vows without my knowledge.
- The Steelers conducted open practices at Heinz Field in front of fans. But apparently the team is asking fans to stop posting fan video online. I know how the fans feel. The team has asked me to stop posting team highlights online with my superimposed image catching passes from Ben Roethlisberger. I guess the Steelers aren’t ready to acknowledge my (way too-tight) B.J. Finney pants.
- Those fan videos have been showing positive displays by guys like Kendrick Green, Pat Freiermuth, James Pierre, Najee Harris and Zach Gentry. The future does look bright.
- I’ve been watching tons of Olympic coverage this week, no Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth this time around bums me out. Guess I have to wait for SNF. My favorite event has got to be swimming. I’m actually glad I don’t have to root for reputed ravens fan Michael Phelps this year. But I’ve decided that if I ever had a sex tape, I’d want Dan Hicks and Rowdy Gaines to narrate it. Those guys are awesome and since Myron Cope and Jack Fleming have passed on, I need a new sex tape commentary team. How great would have Myron been though?
- Speaking of Olympic swimming, if BTSC’s Matty Peverell keeps dissing Katie Ledecky and touting his Aussie swimmers on our slack channel, I may trade him to the Houston Texans podcast platform on SB Nation.
- The Steelers announced that they signed TE Marcus Baugh and waived/injured TE Dax Raymond on Friday. In related news, I switched from the Arbys’ Beef N’ Cheddar to the new Ch’King sandwich. Stop! I’m lying. I would never turn my back on the Arby’s BNC.
- The Ravens signed Justin Houston after rumors surfaced that the former Colt and Chief wanted a guarantee to start in Pittsburgh. The Steelers have Melvin Ingram instead and the former Charger seems to be a team-first guy. See the starter wife comment from above.
- The Steelers Hall of Honor class for 2021 is OT Jon Kolb, WR Louis Lipps, S Carnell Lake and OT Tunch Ilkin. Much deserved honor for all of these greats to don the hypocycloids on their helmets. However, I keep hoping to see my name on the list as a podcast contributor. Maybe next year.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.