It’s Friday again, so it’s time for the six pack of questions. It seems as if Jeff and Dave come to a consensus in cutting to the chase...
This week, I, Dave, will be tasked with the questions up for discussion.
The rules are still the same...
Quick rundown of the ground rules.
- I’ll ask at least four questions strictly related to the Steelers.
- The rest of the questions could be about anything.
- Be respectful.
- Have fun talking about the Black-and-gold.
Procedural Note: Since the title feature has gone away, please feel free to leave your usual title as the first line of your response and even bold it if you can for the ease of others.
So here we go! With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to jump on in. Hopefully this party is exactly what you’re looking for on a Friday night. Here goes:
NOTE: Due to Saturday’s game against the Lions, there will NOT be a Saturday Night Open Thread. Additionally, with the Steelers playing next Friday against the Panthers, there will be no Friday Night Six Pack next week.
1. The Steelers had to cut five players this week. Who was the most surprising cut, or were they all players to be expected? The five players were:
DE Abdullah Anderson
DB Stephen Denmark
WR Isaiah McKoy
T/G Brandon Walton
K Sam Sloman
2. Ben Roethlisberger is slated to start on Satrurday night against the Lions, but how long he will play is yet to be determined. Do you feel the Steelers’ offense needs to find the endzone while Roethlisberger is at quarterback in order to deem it a successful outing?
3. Since minicamp, the Steelers roster has has had some significant changes with subtractions like David DeCastro and Vince Willaims, but have also had additions of players like Trai Turner, Melvin Ingram III, and Joe Schobert. Over the last two moths, has your confidence in the Steelers roster increased, decreased, or remained the same?
4. The projected starting offensive line of Zach Banner, Trai Turner, Kendrick Green, Kevin Dotson, and Chuks Okorafor practiced together for the first time this past week. How much time do you want to see this unit together on Saturday night in order to better determine how they are working together?
5. The obvious follow up to the last question is coming...before seeing them in action on Saturday night, do YOU think this should be the starting offensive line come Week 1? If not, then who is there instead?
6. If you could ask the final Steelers-related question for this list, what would it be? (Hopefully others answer your question in the replies.)
Stay safe out there!
And it wouldn’t be a Friday night unless we said...
HERE WE GO STEELERS!
We added some new shows and a new platform to our podcasts...if you haven’t checked out Jeff’s morning show Let’s Ride, Bryan and Tony’s Steelers Retro Show or Dave’s Steelers Stat Geek, or even the new evening shows, give them a try by listening below!