Well, it’s the end of an era here in the canuck household. I put our beloved travel trailer up for sale. We have a ton of great family memories associated with it, but it’s time has come. Furthermore, I am officially not cool enough to hang with my kids anymore, well haven’t been for a while now and certainly not for a week or so of camping. Anyway, we have been fortunate enough to have seen as far east as Halifax and north west as Kakabeka Falls. Man, what a beautiful country we have!
Anyway, on to football.
Yes, SNW, this is FOOTBALL! Get over it.
- What exactly is your level of confidence heading into the season? Put on your ‘Carnac the Great’ hat and predict our record come playoffs.
- Before you get to question 3, I ask this one. Much has been written about the Steelers’ QB situation and how it seems to be a foregone conclusion that Josh Dobbs will be QB4. However, I have serious questions about why he would sign on to the practice squad knowing his chances of getting any reps in season are essentially ZERO. Therefore, what are your specific thoughts on his future with the team, or in the league in general?
- Now, I have the power to put you in Kevin Colbert’s office for an hour for the express purposes of listening in on internal discussions regarding trades. Who is the front office looking / hoping to move before having to cut them? (and no, you can’t answer Dobbs, lol)
- Yesterday, Geoffrey Benendict wrote a really good article on Henry Mondeaux. If you didn’t read it, go read it after making your obligatory comments here (let’s leave Reno alone tonight) but I will summarize in saying that Geoff see’s Mondeaux as a varsity player, if you know what I mean. Anyway, who are you thinking is under the radar now but by the end of the season will have surprised a few of us fans and have earned real trust of the coaching staff?
- With the recent news that Mike Lange is retiring I have been thinking about some of the all-time great play by play guys. Everyone knows Vin Scully and most Pittsburgh sports fans should know the name Mike Lange. However, there have been some other great Announcers in not only other cities but other sports. Us Canuckleheads had Forster Hewitt - the originator of “He shoots, he scores!”. Tiger fans were absolutely blessed to have the great (and I really do mean great) Ernie Harwell. Sabres fans have/had Rick Jeanneret (Lalalalalafontaine anyone?). Who else should we know about?