Sadly, most of us can remember many things about exactly 20 years ago today.
I remember a beautiful fall day. I remember taking my oldest to the park. We had a blast on the swings and the slides. As we walked home, we laughed and teased as we still do to this day. However, when we turned the corner to our street we noticed my wife in the driveway. She was holding our youngest in her arms and while that was normal the excited gestures she was making were decidedly not. I picked up the pace and as we got close enough to her, I heard her say in a tone that I have never heard since. It was disbelief, shock, fear and complete sadness. She kept repeating “The towers are gone, the towers are gone”.
I have struggled all day trying to fit my thoughts onto my little part of BTSC, to pay my respects to any of you that lost someone that day. Or because of that day. Please know that many of us remember. We stood by you as best we could then. And we continue to stand by you now.
- With the thought that Steelers football is less than 24 hours away, what are you most excited about? Ben with the injury 1 year behind him and hopefully fully motivated to kick some... or TJ out to show the world that he is worth every one of those 112 million bejillion dollars he signed for? Or is it something else?
- The weakness of this team appears to be either the O line or the secondary. which do you fear the most?
- Speaking of 20... how many points above 20 do you think we need to average over the season to ensure we make the playoffs. Remember this still should be a really good to great defense.
- Still speaking of 20. Barry Sanders is my all time favourite 20. Which current NFL player is destined to repeat Barry's sad story of personal excellence but team suckitude?
- Last night you were asked to predict the final score. Tonight I will ask what HAS to happen for us to win?