It was a gloomier week in Steelers Nation after the loss to the Raiders last Sunday. As we get closer to Week 3, things are hopefully looking up. BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- The Steelers had a dreadful time of it on Sunday with a rash of injuries before the game (Joe Haden, Carlos Davis and Devin Bush Jr.) and during the contest (Tyson Alualu, T.J. Watt and Dionte Johnson) and on the final scoreboard, a disappointing home loss to the Raiders. The only thing encouraging during the game was watching Jon Gruden’s face and head turning crimson red on the sidelines and the prospect of it possibly exploding on national television. But, alas, that didn’t even happen. Uggh!!! I need some time to recover from this day.
- In a throwback to Seinfeld and the “second spitter” episode guest starring Keith Hernandez, the Trai Turner “expectorate mystery” continues. No suspensions, that’s good news for a struggling offensive line. #that’sonemagicloogie
- I have been following this dude since before he was drafted, because I desperately wanted to celebrate having a player named Taco. My 14-year old was also thrilled to here the news that the Steelers signed Taco Charlton to the Practice Squad. It was truly a Taco Tuesday. If only now they could sign a player named Arby’s...I would be in Heaven.
Can’t wait to see them terrible towels— Taco Charlton (@TheSupremeTaco) September 21, 2021
- I would love to see all these dudes get in. These guys deserve it. Nothing more needs to be said.
- The Steelers have been hit hard with injuries. Getting Joe back is HUGE! Not as huge as my Homecoming date in 1987. No, I’m not fat shaming any one. I broke up with my non-Canadian (Breakfast Club reference) girlfriend right before the big dance and ended up at Arby’s eating a Beef ‘N Cheddar and drowning my sorrows in Horsey Sauce.
- You can’t spell greed without Roger Goodell. It’s all about the Benjamins and I ain’t talkin’ BTR.
I get why the NFL is adding a Monday Night Playoff game. More money to have an extra game in primetime. But in terms of competitive balance in the playoffs. The teams playing on Monday Night are at a tremendous disadvantage in the Divisional Round. Not a fan.— The Entertainah (@DaEntertainah85) September 24, 2021
- The injury report is still chock full of names. It still pales in comparison to the list of dudes that the ex-Mrs. BAD slept with while we were married.
- James Harrison getting his own NFL Network’s “A Football Life = AWESOME!!!!! I wonder if they included the instance at the Butler Mall in 2006 when he advised me not to get engaged. That was one odd urinal conversation. Mrs. BAD is still livid over that one.
- My Richland Rams of Johnstown, PA defeated Jack Ham’s alma mater Bishop McCort 58-8 on Friday Night, while the K.T. Smith coached Ocean City (NJ) Red Raiders advanced to 5-0 with a 38-0 defeat of Seneca. Jack Ham, if you want to talk about the game and lament the loss, hit me up on Twitter @btscbad. And if anybody wants to share their alma mater’s score with me, hit me up on the Twitter. Yes, I’m an old man...I called it “the Twitter”.
- It appeared all week that T.J. Watt was going to play on Sunday, but No. 90 was ruled out of Sunday’s contest with a groin injury. How can one team have so much trouble near their nether regions? The cast of Debbie Does Dallas had less trouble down there. In related news, I’m on Twitter! I have less followers than Jack Lambert had front teeth though. If I ever get to a grand...the 1000th follower gets to meet me for an Arby’s Beef ‘N Cheddar. It’s on me, but you may have to spring for the curly fries.
@btsteelcurtain @STLRSuperFanDad @JHartman_PIT @Defeoman @MichaelBeck56 #steelers With a rash of groin injuries, a weary #SteelerNation turns to a Patriots fan, Sam “May Day” Malone— Bryan Anthony Davis (@btscbad) September 25, 2021
Cheers: Sam’s Groin Injury https://t.co/wTQBqBGmHS via @YouTube
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.
To take a listen to more of a BAD week, check out the podcast in the player below: