It sucks to watch playoff games without the Steelers playing. The Steelers of 2022 should have made to playoffs if not for TJ's unfortunate injury. I don't think this team is far off. To be optimistic, KP played through struggles and end up being a very good game manager. KP didn't force any throws in the 2nd half and cut down on his INTs. On the defensive side, the Steelers played much better in the 2nd half and allowed the offense to win just about every game. Here is my way of fixing the Steelers for 2023.
1) Coaching Staff
- Gotta find a new OC. It was humiliating to hear opponent players' saying they knew what play was coming their way. I know it is against Rooney way to fire someone with remaining contract, but it is time to change their way. The Steelers should consider Frank Reich, Matt Nagy or Joe Brady.
- It looks like Flores will be gone after 1 year. I would bring in someone like him to coaching staff such as Steve Wilks or Lovie Smith.
2) Current Roster
- Keep: SS Edmunds, CB Sutton, TE Gentry, S Kazee, LB Spillane, DT Ogunjobi, WR Boykin, C Hassenauer, CB Pierre, WR Sims, CB Jackson on a reduced salary
- Let Go or Trade or Walk or Retire: DE Wormley, LB Reed, FB Watt, QB MR, QB Trubisky, LB Bush, LB Jack, T Scott, T Davis, DT Adams, CB Witherspoon, S Allen, DT Alualu, RB Snell
- If there is any taker for QB Trubisky, I would trade him for a late round pick. I don't think he wants to be in Pittsburgh.
- LB Edmunds, QB Dobbs or Brisett or Bridgewater
- One splash FA signing would be LB Edmunds to replace Jack/Bush. I am sure the Steelers will sign a couple veterans especially OLB such as Elandon Roberts or Anthony Nelson.
- 1st round: CB Christian Gonzalez, Oregon
- 2nd round: T Jaylyn Duncan, Maryland
- 2nd round: DT Gervon Dexter, Florida or DT Siaki Ika, Baylor
- 3rd round: ILB Daiyan Henley, Washington St.
- 4th round: DE Yaya Diaby, Louisville
- 7th round: OG/C Trevor Downing, Iowa State
- 7th round: TE Lachlan Pitts, William and Mary or QB Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina