Behind The Steel Curtain is excited to offer its readers an opportunity to join our 2023 Second Chance Survivor Pool contest, sponsored by DraftKings Sportsbook!
Use your NFL insights to predict the winner of a single game each week, but remember, once you pick a team to win, you’re precluded from picking it again for the remainder of the season. Choose wisely! The last team standing will win a $100 cash prize! If there are multiple winners, the prize will be split evenly.
Of the 209 participants that joined our first contest, just 59 remain standing, with one of the biggest eliminating picks coming in Week 3, where a whopping 25 participants were eliminated picking the Jaguars over the Texans... a game that Jacksonville lost by a 20 point margin. Whoops. Good thing we’re having a second-chance contest, eh?
You are eligible to enter this contest if: 1) You were eliminated from the first contest OR 2) if you never signed up for the first contest.
If you are still alive in the first contest, you are NOT eligible for this second-chance contest.
How to enter the BTSC Second Chance Survivor Pool
If you played the Week 1 contest and were eliminated, your registration still works. Log in like you did the first time and you’ll be prompted to create a new entry name. If you did not play the game the first time around, you’ll need to create a log-in.
The registration for this game is separate from your log-in for Behind The Steel Curtain or from a DraftKings log-in if you have one.
To register for an account to play the game, go down to the game below and click on “Register for an account.” It asks for your first name, email, and a password you create. Your email will NOT be sold or given away. It is strictly so you can get a weekly reminder to make your pick and so you can get a password reset sent to you if you forget your password.
After you register, it’ll ask for an entry name. That is not the team you’re picking that week, but rather, what name will show up in the leaderboard for your entry.
How to play, survivor pool rules
- In Week 5, you’ll pick a team to win their matchup. Each of your picks will be made here on this page each week, so be sure to bookmark it for ease of access later on.
- If they win, you advance to Week 6 and if they lose or finish in a tie, you’re eliminated.
- Each week that you advance, you’ll pick a new team to win the following week. You are not allowed to pick the same team twice. This is starting with Week 5, so if you picked a team in the first pool before being eliminated, you can pick them again in this second-chance pool.
- If you forget to make a pick in a given week, you’re eliminated.
- The last person (or people) standing wins. If everyone is eliminated before Week 18, the last people to lose win the prize. If there’s a tie, in either the initial or second-chance contests, the prize will be split among the winners.