Steelers cornerback Cortez Allen will miss his second straight game due to an ankle injury when the Steelers take on the Bears Sunday night.
William Gay filled in for Allen in Week 2, a 20-10 loss to Cincinnati in which the Bengals threw for nearly 300 yards.
The Steelers were able to fight the Bengals off minus a few big plays due to a bigger lineup in which four safeties played in the Steelers' secondary. A similar approach may be used against Chicago, a team with big and physical receivers like Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett.
Allen missed most of the preseason with a knee injury. He was expected to be an impact player in his third season, but after a pedestrian opening game, he's missed the last two.
The Steelers will see the return of Heath Miller, as expected. Out since Week 17 of the 2012 season, the Steelers tight end will make his season debut at home Sunday night.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Bears vs. Steelers: Everything you need to know
- Steelers Film Breakdown: Defense pressured with its performance
- Bears vs. Steelers: What to Expect When You're Expecting...to Lose Again
- Steelers Film Breakdown: Mental and physical errors take their toll
- Beachum could be in-game replacement if Adams or Gilbert isn't playing well
- Haley isn't happy with anything right now
- Mike Holmgren offered his entire 2012 draft for Andrew Luck
- James Harrison on Dick LeBeau
- Steelers vs. Bears: Pittsburgh planning to call more outside zone runs in Week 3
- Heath Miller: '(Injury) probably will be in the back of my mind'
- Why all the injuries in the NFL?
- Troy Polamalu will cut his hair to honor veterans