Being thrown into the fire is appropriate for Mike Adams, if it wasn't snowing in Pittsburgh.
Adams will return to the starting lineup as the Steelers' left tackle in their Week 14 game against the Miami Dolphins. Regular starter Kelvin Beachum is inactive with a knee injury, giving Adams his first start at left tackle since Week 4.
And it's one of the toughest opponents the Steelers' offensive line will have faced in the time he was absent. The Dolphins boast one of the league's most dominant defensive line, with an outstanding edge rusher off Adams' side, Cameron Wake.
Inactives for @Steelers: QB Jones, WR Moye, CB Green, ILB Wilson, LT Beachum, C/G Snow, DE Keisel
— Bob Labriola (@BobLabriola) December 8, 2013
The Steelers will also be without Brett Keisel, which was known before the game. Along with Keisel and Beachum, sitting out are WR Derek Moye, CB Isaiah Green, ILB Kion Wilson and OL David Snow (recently acquired).
LaMarr Woodley will make his return to the field for the first time in three weeks. Also, running back Le'Veon Bell, who was taken off the field in Week 13 with a head injury, was cleared to play.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Dolphins vs. Steelers: Everything you need to know
- Steelers will lose a draft pick, according to a report
- Tannehill facing unique challenges against Steelers
- AFC Playoff Picture: Week 14 games to watch
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Dolphins
- Nuts and bolts of how to watch Dolphins at Steelers game
- Dolphins vs. Steelers: A game where play action passing shouldn't be expected
- Steelers game plan vs. Dolphins is to get yards after the catch