Tribune-Review reporter Mark Kaboly tweeted Saturday Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell will not play Saturday, possibly due to a lingering knee injury that's bothered him this week.
No Le'Veon Bell tonight. Not sure why— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly_Trib) August 10, 2013
Defensive end Nick Williams and safety Ross Ventrone are also out, along with the expected absences of cornerbacks Cortez Allen, Curtis Brown and Terry Hawthorne and wide receiver Plaxico Burress.UPDATE:
Tomlin said it is a sore knee and he didn't see enough of Bell in practice past two days to allow him to play.— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly_Trib) August 10, 2013
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs Giants: Derek Moye vs Justin Brown
- Steelers vs. Giants: Joe Long vs. Mike Farrell
- Steelers vs Giants: Nicholas Williams vs. Hebron Fangupo
- Steelers vs. Giants: Welcome to Pittsburgh Ryan Steed
- Why I love the first game of the preseason, and you should too
- Steelers film breakdown: Kelvin Beachum, not Marcus Gilbert, should start at right tackle
- Mike Tomlin loves him some hambone
- Greg Lloyd: 'guys are not truly football players anymore'
- Steelers vs. Giants: Broadcast information and online stream
- Steelers Roster Bubble: Chris Carter vs. Alan Baxter