Source says Eagles have traded RB Felix Jones to the Steelers. Eagles get back LB Adrian Robinson.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) August 23, 2013
The move likely comes in wake of the foot injury to RB Le'Veon Bell, and perhaps confirms the notion that Robinson had fallen out of favor with the Steelers' coaches this training camp.
Jones, a sixth-year pro from Arkansas, spent the first five years of his career with the Cowboys. He signed with the Eagles this offseason.
Incidentally, Jones was selected with the 22nd overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, one spot before the Steelers drafted Rashard Mendenhall. The Steelers did not re-sign Mendenhall this offseason, just like Jones with Dallas.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Robinson for Jones Trade: Everything we know
- Robinson trade changes landscape for Steelers linebackers
- Adrian Robinson traded to Eagles for RB Felix Jones
- Chiefs vs. Steelers: Preseason Week 3
- 'An edge to practice' this week
- Beachum getting snaps at left tackle
- Not all leaking ships sink
- Foster: No excuses for Steelers pass protection
- Steelers Le'Veon Bell views foot sprain as 'blessing in disguise'
- Coach Tomlin intends for Steelers starters to play entire first half against Chiefs
- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is taking Le'Veon Bell's foot sprain 'day-by-day'
- Richard Mann symbolizes new "details" era for Pittsburgh receivers
- Chiefs vs. Steelers: 5 Questions with Arrowhead Pride
- Steelers Roster: Decisions being made at tight end
- Steelers running game seems to be in a similar spot as last year's group
- Charlie Batch claims Steelers revoked Ben Roethlisberger's license to audible in 2012