Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell will miss practice Saturday with a bruised left knee. According to Post Gazette reporter Ed Bouchette, he is expected to recover quickly.
Steelers rookie RB Bell out today. L Knee bruise. He wl be OK. He better be— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) August 3, 2013
It's amazing how in just a few practices Bell has become, in the estimation of a long-standing Steelers beat writer, fairly indispensable.
Even national writers are seeing Bell's value early in his Steelers career.
Best rookies I've seen: 1 Cle OLB Barkevious Mingo, 2 Pit RB Le'Veon Bell, 3 Sea RB Christine Michael, 4 Buf QB EJ Manuel.— Peter King (@SI_PeterKing) August 3, 2013
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers sign D'Anthony Batiste
- Steelers will wear throwback jerseys in Week 11 vs. Detroit Lions
- Hype surrounding Le'Veon Bell is similar to that of Mike Wallace in 2009
- Ziggy Hood not calling it a comeback
- Time out called on hopes of a Steelers TV revenue windfall
- Interest in D'Anthony Batiste seems strange for the Steelers
- Alan Baxter turning into the Adrian Robinson of the 2013 Steelers training camp
- Steelers Injury Report: Jason Worilds out Friday
- Weekend Checkdown: the top stories of the week
- Steelers to work out OT D'Anthony Batiste
- Mike Adams, Marcus Gilbert switch sides during Steelers evening practice Friday