We love the National Football Post - even if it was founded by the current general manager of the Cleveland Browns, Michael Lombardi.
Joe Fortenbaugh recently released his preseason power rankings, and he placed the Steelers at No. 8 overall. That's much better than the middle-of-the-pack rankings they've been getting throughout the offseason.
Stop traffic, the Steelers ranked first in the league in total defense last season, which is just one of the reasons why you should take a good, long look at Pittsburgh’s current 18/1 Super Bowl odds. At that price, backers could find themselves with a great hedging opportunity come the postseason.
This obviously is correct.
For the record, Fortenbaugh has the Ravens at (snicker) 12, one spot behind Cincinnati. Cleveland is at 27, which is a step-up for the Fightin' Lombardios.
It's early...but it's still fun. And it's good advice, take a long hard look at that 18-to-1 shot. Looks like a solid big-payoff bet.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Matt Spaeth may have Lisfranc injury, could sideline him for 2013
- Steelers vs. Giants stream
- Steelers Training Camp Updates
- Steelers highest power ranking yet
- Burress set for surgery
- Keep an eye on the cornerbacks
- Big Blue View asks BTSC 5 Questions
- Steelers vs. Giants 2013: 5 Questions with Big Blue View
- Why Derek Moye will make the 2013 Steelers roster
- Steelers vs. Giants: Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman have to separate themselves
- Adams on left and Gilbert on right may be what Steelers start in Week 1
- Steelers Training Camp Recap: Day 14 sees Roethlisberger throwing short often
- Plaxico Burress injury: Judging by available free agents, Burress's spot more likely to be filled internally
- Burress confirmed to have torn rotator cuff; possibly out for season
- Preseason Steelers vs. Giants: Seven players who need to shine in week one