Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley trained this offseason to keep himself fit enough to last 16 games.
It turns out, he was able to get through nine. A calf injury he suffered in the Steelers' Week 10 win over Buffalo will force Woodley out of the lineup when the Steelers host the Lions in Week 11.
It's presumed the Steelers will shift Jason Worilds over to the left outside linebacker spot, and Jarvis Jones will start on the right side against Detroit.
Also out for this game is left guard Ramon Foster, who suffered an ankle injury against the Bills, and Brett Keisel, who's out with a foot injury.
Shamarko Thomas (ankle) was ruled out earlier this week. Wide receiver Derek Moye, tight end Richard Gordon and quarterback Landry Jones round out the rest of the inactive list.
The Steelers and Lions kick off at 1 p.m. ET from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Lions vs. Steelers: Everything you need to know
- A "high-ranking Steelers source" says Ben trade rumors 'have zero truth'
- Key Matchups: Ben Roethlisberger vs. Rashean Mathis
- Fantasy Football Week 11: Which Steelers to start/sit
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Lions in Week 11
- Lions vs. Steelers: Nuts and bolts on how and where to watch