ESPN 970's David Todd tweeted Sunday the Steelers will give Le'Veon Bell the first start of his pro career when the Steelers take on the Vikings in London.
Le'Veon Bell will start today for #Steelers.— David Todd (@DavidMTodd) September 29, 2013
Bell has been sidelined since Aug. 19 with a foot injury. The Steelers are the league's worst rushing team, and Bell was supposedly the team's top running back through training camp.
The offensive line is still a question, so Bell might not make much of a difference. The Vikings are among the league's worst rush-defensive teams, though, and it wouldn't be a shock to see the Steelers aim to get Bell the ball early and often.
Listen to The Standard is The Standard pregame show:
The Stanard is The Standard - Episode 4
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Vikings in London: Everything you need to know
- The Steelers will force a takeaway against Vikings
- Which Steelers to start/sit in Fantasy Football Week 4
- Steelers defensive key matchup: Vince Williams vs. Adrian Peterson and Jerome Felton
- Steelers offensive key match-up: Adams and Gilbert vs. Allen and Robison
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Vikings
- Vince Williams earning veterans' respect
- Past favors Pittsburgh in Cassel vs. Steelers
- Steelers Injury Report is roughly blank
- Steelers Film Room: David DeCastro
- 5 Questions with Daily Norseman