We're on the verge of madness. Prime time football weekend, when we get excited early in the day, followed by residual excitement through the early game, fading excitement and even a nap through the afternoon game only to be jolted back to life like so many Frankenstein monsters around 7 p.m. ET, returning to nutzo status right in time for the 8:30 p.m. kickoff. Admit it, alcohol usually leads us down that path. As someone who doesn't get to imbibe before or during games, prime time games are exciting, and very tiring. Nothing is worse to me than losing on prime time, but that's counterbalanced by the fact nothing is better than winning in prime time.
This is going to be a tough weekend, methinks.
Anyway, the rules are, as always, unchanged. You must announce your beverage of choice (and hopefully satisfaction), please refrain from discussing the politics surrounding the Baltic Strait and, if you haven't given us money yet, please do so now.
1. How much do you enjoy prime-time games? Is it build-up all day Sunday, or is it agony? Let's say the game Sunday ends in a tie, would you rather for it to have been in prime time, or a 1 p.m. kickoff?
2. The Carolina Panthers bring a significant test to the Steelers' offensive line. Rate that line, 1-to-10, after two games this year, and what you felt they'd be at the start of this year?
3. Kelvin Benjamin vs. Martavis Bryant, the pride of South Carolina. The Steelers could have had Benjamin, instead electing to shore up the defense. Was the right move made by the Steelers, and by the Panthers?
4. Roger Goodell gave his State of the Crisis speech to the NFL and its fans today. My general impression was he said a lot of the kinds of things he should have said when he was hired, not when he was facing a crisis. Collectively, answer this aloud...Roger Goodell is a(n)___________ ?
5. Courtney Upshaw was fined $16,576 by the NFL for a hit on Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the first quarter of Baltimore's 26-6 win in Week 2. Roethlisberger was off the entire game, and suggested afterwards he may have been affected by the hit. Money well spent? Or too dangerous for future encouragement?