It isn’t typical for the Pittsburgh Steelers to start signing their rookies so early, but you can’t blame them for getting ahead of the game a bit by signing their first rookie on Monday. The lucky recipient of some big money was 5th round draft pick Brian Allen, who played his college football at Utah.
New Steelers cornerback Brian Allen should receive a four-year contract totaling $2,630,188, including a $230,188 signing bonus. https://t.co/MC1Q37WUfN— Ian Whetstone (@IanWhetstone) May 8, 2017
As reported, Allen received a four year contract, and since rookie contracts are no longer negotiable, Allen should be receiving a $2.6 million dollar contract including a $230,188 signing bonus, per Ian Whetstone on Twitter.
Allen is the first of the eight Steelers draft picks to ink his new professional contract, and with the team’s rookie minicamp coming up, there is a chance the get more players signed sooner, rather than later.
Check out the rookies who have, and haven’t signed below:
1. OLB - T.J. Watt - Unsigned
2. WR - Juju Smith-Schuster - Unsigned
3. CB - Cameron Sutton - Unsigned
3. RB - James Conner - Unsigned
4. QB - Joshua Dobbs - Unsigned
5. CB - Brian Allen - Signed to 4 year contract
6. LS - Colin Holba - Unsigned
7. OLB - Keion Adams - Unsigned