Pittsburgh West invades Pittsburgh Sunday. That sounds funny, but with the Arizona Cardinals having so many ties to the Pittsburgh Steelers organization it is difficult to deny how that nickname certainly has more truth to it than most think. The Cardinals pose a difficult test for the Steelers this Sunday, this will be the most prolific offense the team has faced since Week 1 against the New England Patriots. The Steelers defense is better, but are they up to the task?
We will discuss here in the Friday Night 5 questions and open thread. You know the rules: State your beverage, answer the questions to the best of your ability, no rabbit or kidney punches and by all means please refrain from conversation based around Sidney Crosby's lack of scoring through their first 4 games of the regular season.
Let's get started...
1. The Cardinals are a tough nut to crack in many ways. Focusing on the offense, how would you approach the matchup if you were Keith Butler? Live and die by the blitz? Hope to get pressure with the front 4? or something else? Lay out your game plan.
2. Now that you've figured out the defense, time to put Todd Haley's visor on. If you were Haley, how would you go about beating the Cardinals' defense with Michael Vick, Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, Martavis Bryant and company?
3. Since this is the rematch game of Super Bowl 43, I have to ask a very difficult question: Which was the better play? Santonio Holmes' game-winning TD catch, or James Harrison's INT return at the end of the first half.
4. When Kevin Colbert retires, or is fired, whichever ends his tenure with the Steelers, will he be remembered more for finding some quality talent in the mid-to-late rounds (Kelvin Beachum, Martavis Bryant and Antonio Brown), or whiffing on some high draft picks (Limas Sweed)?
5. The Steelers are home underdogs (+3.5), what is your prediction for the game, and how do you see it playing out?
That's all for this week, be sure to stay tuned in to BTSC leading up to the game and during the game! Here we go Steelers!