The Steelers and Ravens squaring off used to be followed with the captivated attention of the football world. Slow starts for both teams has limited that attention - the national broadcasting team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms switched their plane tickets from a Pittsburgh destination to Kansas City.
This game is still significant in many ways. The Ravens, the defending Super Bowl champions, need a win to stay within a game of Cincinnati, or pull even, depending on the results of the Bengals' game at Detroit. Pittsburgh, should they be able to overcome an 0-4 start to qualify for the postseason, will need to win eight of their final 11 games to even have a chance.
Considering post-season football for the Steelers against their rival of recent times.
Time: 4:30 p.m. ET
Date: Oct. 20, 2013
Location: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
TV and Radio Schedule: CBS national broadcast, Steelers Radio Network: WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
Announcers: Ian Eagle (play-by-play), Dan Fouts (color)
Online streaming: None available for this game
Ravens SB Nation site: Baltimore Beatdown
Odds: Steelers -1
Weather: 55 degrees, winds SW 13 m.p.h.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers/Ravens Week: Everything you need to know
- The Standard is The Standard Show - Week 7 vs. Ravens
- Weekend Checkdown: the top stories of the week
- Bum Phillips, former Houston Oilers coach, dies at 90
- Ravens vs. Steelers: Jason Worilds expected to start in Week 7
- Which Ravens player would you want on the Steelers?
- Kelvin Beachum, the long-term solution at left tackle