Any time the Raiders play the Steelers, which they are scheduled to do Sunday, the Immaculate Reception will be a part of the pregame conversation.
CBS recognizes that, and will have former Steelers head coach and current studio analyst Bill Cowher interview Franco Harris, an interview that will run during the show.
Gary Pomerantz, author of "Their Life's Work," will be on the show as well.
Pomerantz is promoting his book, which is being released Oct. 29. He has several anecdotes involving Harris, up to and including the Immaculate Reception - Harris's touchdown catch off a deflection that gave the Steelers franchise its first playoff win in December, 1972.
Their appearance is in conjunction with an event being held from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Heinz History Museum. Pomerantz will be on hand to moderate a panel discussion with Dan Rooney, Andy Russell, Rocky Bleier and Harris. Tickets are $20 ($10 for HHC members) and are on sale now.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers at Raiders: Everything you need to know
- Everyone hates Ben Roethlisberger
- Report: Steelers mulling waiver claim of tight end Tony Moeaki
- Ramon Foster: 'There weren't any minus plays' against Ravens
- Jarvis Jones plans to practice fully Wednesday in preparation for Week 8 vs. Raiders
- Le'Veon Bell using similar inferiority complex that drove Hines Ward