The Steelers have a short week as they host the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field to ignite the rivalry with their AFC North foe. BTSC has been doing a Friday Factoid with facts about each week's match up, but since the last day before the game is Wednesday, this week you get to check out a special edition of What to know Wednesday.
The Ravens are 0-3 after a loss to the Cincinnati Bengals at home. The Steelers are 2-1 after a low-scoring victory over the Rams during which Ben Roethlisberger sustained an injury that will have him sidelined for a significant part of the season. Check out some other Ravens and Steelers facts as you get psyched up for Thursdsay Night Football.
The Steelers have a big lead over the Ravens since the inception of the rivalry in 1996.
- Steelers 24
- Ravens 18
Shutouts between the teams
There have only been three shutouts in the history of the rivalry. The Steelers have an edge.
- November 9, 1997 37-0 Ravens
- September 3, 2000: 16-0 Steelers
- November 26, 2006: 27-0 Steelers
Breakdown by location:
The Steelers lead in both stadiums.
- 10-9 in Baltimore
- 11-8 at Heinz Field.
2015 NFL rankings for offense
The Steelers offense was far superior to the Ravens offense going into Week 3. The Steelers offense is likely to decline while Big Ben is recovering from his injury.
- Passing- Steelers 298.7 (3rd); Ravens 282 (8th)
- Rushing- Steelers 93.3 (21st); Ravens 72.7 (28th)
- Points- Steelers 25.3 (11th); Ravens 23.3 (16th)
- Yards- Steelers 392.0 (5th); Ravens 354.7 (15th)
- Points- Steelers 17.3 (6th); Ravens 28.0 (27th)
- Yards- Steelers 342.7 (14th); 375.0 (22nd)
- Passing- Steelers 255.3 (19th); 291.0 (29th)
- Rushing- Steelers 87.3 (9th); 84.0 (7th)
- Ravens 1st-round draft pick Breshad Perriman
- Steelers 2nd-round pick Senquez Golson was injured before the season started
- Ravens- Terrell Suggs
- Steelers- Maurkice Pouncey & Ben Roethlisberger
- Regular season record: 83-47 (.643)
- Postseason record: 5-4 (.556)
- Super Bowl won: XLIII
- Championships: AFC (2008, 2010)
- Regular season record: 72-41 (.637)
- Post season record: 10-5 (.667)
- Super Bowl won: XLVII
- Championships: AFC (2012)