The Cincinnati Bengals are undefeated. While this is somewhat surprising, it also makes sense. They have a competent head coach, reliable quarterback, and a variety of offensive and defensive stalwarts that get the job done. Also critical, they have not suffered nearly as many injuries as other teams around the league.
Here are a few facts about the rivalry:
- All time record: 55-34 in favor of the Steelers
- The Bengals are 6-0 for only the third time in franchise history
- Mike Tomlin is 12-4 against the Bengals
- The Steelers have won the last three games against the Bengals (27-17; 42-21; 30-20)
- The Steelers are ranked 6th in the league for sacks with 19; the Bengals are ranked 9th with 17.
- Both teams have tallied five interceptions so far this year, which puts both teams at 17th in the league.
- The Bengals convert 47% of third downs, second in the league. The Steelers are 22nd with only 36%.
- Bengals receiver A.J. Green had a 227-yard game against the Ravens in Week 3. Outside of that, he has not broken 100 yards in a single game. He is at 531 yards total on the season.