The Cincinnati Bengals are undefeated. While this is somewhat surprising, it also makes sense. They have a competent head coach, reliable quarterback, and a variety of offensive and defensive stalwarts that get the job done. Also critical, they have not suffered nearly as many injuries as other teams around the league.
Here are a few facts about the rivalry:
- All time record: 55-34 in favor of the Steelers
- The Bengals are 6-0 for only the third time in franchise history
- Mike Tomlin is 12-4 against the Bengals
- The Steelers have won the last three games against the Bengals (27-17; 42-21; 30-20)
- The Steelers are ranked 6th in the league for sacks with 19; the Bengals are ranked 9th with 17.
- Both teams have tallied five interceptions so far this year, which puts both teams at 17th in the league.
- The Bengals convert 47% of third downs, second in the league. The Steelers are 22nd with only 36%.
- Bengals receiver A.J. Green had a 227-yard game against the Ravens in Week 3. Outside of that, he has not broken 100 yards in a single game. He is at 531 yards total on the season.
The absence of Ben Roethlisberger has had a negative impact on the Steelers stats this year on offense. His return on Sunday should see higher production from the Steelers receivers, particularly Antonio Brown. Dalton is undefeated, obviously, and looks to maintain his team's improbable streak. The Bengals are also coming off of a bye week, and all of their main players are healthy.