The Pittsburgh Steelers are preparing for the Cleveland Browns, and neither team is saying who their starting quarterback will be on Sunday at Heinz Field. Josh McCown has been limited throughout the week, and Ben Roethlisberger is listed as questionable for the Week 10 AFC North showdown. Could it be a Landry Jones vs. Johnny Manziel showdown? It certainly is possible.
The Steelers need to keep their winning ways going, and defeating the Browns on their home turf would be a great start. Before we get ahead of ourselves, time to answer some questions and celebrate another work week coming to an end. You know the rules, state your beverage, answer the questions to the best of your ability and please refrain from talking about the abysmal 2003 5-11 season...even though that dreaded team is what landed us No. 7 in the 2004 NFL Draft.
Here we go...
1. The Cincinnati Bengals seem to be running away from the pack in the AFC North. If the Steelers were to win out and finish 12-4, do you see the Bengals losing 4 of their last 8 games? If so, which ones? (Remaining opponents in order: vs. HOU, @ ARI, vs. STL, @ CLE, vs. PIT, @ SF, @ DEN, vs. BAL)
2. James Harrison has officially been ruled out of the upcoming Week 10 game with a knee injury. This will give fans a glimpse of the OLB corps without their veteran leader. How confident are you in Arthur Moats, Jarvis Jones, Bud Dupree and maybe Anthony Chickillo being able to pressure the QB this Sunday?
3. The Browns have been one of the worst, if not the worst, NFL franchises since they came back into the league. Is there a little piece of you that hopes the Browns become at least semi-relevant again in hopes of re-igniting the rivalry between the two teams? Explain your answer.
4. Put yourself in Mike Tomlin's shoes and imagine Big Ben walks into your office Saturday and says, "Coach, I feel great. I can play Sunday...give me a chance." What is your response? (And if it doesn't include the word "Obviously" you lose major points)
5. Finish the following sentences:
Sunday the Steelers win if _____________________
Sunday the Browns win if _____________________
Extra Credit: If you want to try and caption the above photo...feel free. There a number of avenues you could go with that strange photo from the library.
That's all folks! Be sure to check back with BTSC this weekend as we gear up for the 1 p.m. EDT kickoff Sunday! Here we go Steelers!