Welcome to the Friday Factoid! The Monday night showdown between the Steelers and the Chargers in San Diego should be a good one. With Michael Vick at the helm and a rapidly improving defense, the Steelers should have a shot at beating the Chargers on their own turf.
- The Steelers lead the Chargers 22-9 since their very first match up in 1971.
- In the Tomlin era, the Steelers have won three out of four match ups, including a playoff victory against the Chargers en route to their 2008 Super Bowl victory.
- The Steelers lost their last game against the San Diego Chargers at home on December 9, 2012 by a final score of 24-34.
- The last time the two teams faced off at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego was on October 8, 2006 when the Chargers won 23-13.
- The Steelers played the Chargers in San Diego in a Monday Night Football match up ten years ago. On October 10, 2005 the Steelers pulled out a victory in James Harrison's break out game, one that also saw Roethlisberger fall to a knee injury.
- The Chargers have a strong passing game, ranked 2nd in the league so far this season.
- The Chargers run defense is 29th. That could bode well for Le'Veon Bell and DeAngelo Williams.
- When the Steelers have started their season 2-2 during the Tomlin era, they have only lost their fifth game once. Here the breakdown: