At the beginning of the season, this week's game against the Seahawks was predicted to be one of the most difficult for the Black and Gold. The 2015 Seattle Seahawks are a disappointing 5-5 in the NFC West. Meanwhile, the Steelers have worked through injury and other adversity to maintain a 6-4 record in their division.
Here are a few facts for your Friday as you get psyched up for Sunday's long-awaited, post-bye-week game.
- The Seattle Seahawks have a new defensive coordinator this year in Kris Richard. Richard was promoted to defensive coordinator after a succesful stints as the Seahawks defensive backs coach from 2011-2014.
- Dan Quinn, the Seahawks DC from 2013-2014 is now the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, who happen to have the top-ranked rushing defense in the NFL this year.
- Tight end Jimmy Graham has only tallied over 100 yards once this season on October 18 against the Carolina Panthers. In the Seahawks last two games, he has averaged three completions for an average of 40 yards.
- Going in to Week 12, the Steelers are ranked fifth in the Sports Illustrated power rankings. The Seahawks are ranked No. 10.
- The Steelers defense is ranked 6th in terms of fewest points allowed.
- The Steelers defense allows the fourth most passing yards of all the teams in the NFL.
- Safety Earl Thomas has the most interceptions of any Seahawk with three. He is tied for 11th in the league with Mike Mitchell and fourteen other players who also have three interceptions.
- In 2013, Seahawks CB Richard Sherman led the league with eight interceptions on the season.
- That same year, Steelers CB Brandon Boykin had the second-most interceptions in the league with six. The top-ranked Pittsburgh Steelers that year were Cortez Allen, Troy Polamalu, Lawrence Timmons, and Ryan Clark, tied with a ton of other players at 67th with two interceptions each.
- The Seattle Seahawks have the fewest number of interceptions so far this season.
- The Steelers are ranked 15th, tied with four other teams who have had nine interceptions.
- The Steelers have racked up the fifth most yards off of interceptions with 210.
- The Steelers dominate the NFL in 40+-yard passing plays with 14. The Cleveland Browns are second in the league with 10.
- The Steelers have the longest passing play in the league so far this season at 88 yards. The Bears, Colts, and Giants each have had an 87-yard passing play this season. After those teams, the numbers are far less impressive. The Bengals, Chiefs, Saints are tied at 80 yards.
- The Steelers have only had two fumbles on rushing plays this year. Only the Saints, Giants, and Broncos have had fewer.