The idea of Levi Brown coming in to save the Steelers' floundering left tackle position won't come to fruition at least for another week.
Post-Gazette reporter Gerry Dulac Tweeted Kelvin Beachum will get his first career start at left tackle Sunday when the Steelers take on the New York Jets.
Mike Adams inactive for Jets game; Kelvin Beachum will start.— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) October 13, 2013
Brown, who was acquired during the Steelers' bye week for a conditional draft pick, is active, but won't start, as was the common thought leading into the game.
Beachum has been the team's primary back-up at seemingly every position they have. He started at tight end in Week 1 against the Tennessee Titans (although he was used in a blocking capacity), then moved to center with the injury to Maurkice Pouncey. He spelled Marcus Gilbert at right tackle for a bit, and was set to replace Ramon Foster at left guard if he was unable to play in Week 6 - Foster suffered a pectoral muscle injury in the Steelers' Week 4 loss to Minnesota.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Jets Pregame Stream
- The Standard is The Standard Show, Steelers vs. Jets Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets: Mike Adams deactivated
- The Steelers will get a takeaway against the Jets...right?
- Defensive key matchup: Polamalu vs. Smith
- Fantasy Football: Which Steelers to start/sit
- Offensive key katchup: Velasco vs. Richardson
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Jets in Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets Week 6: TV schedule game time, odds, weather and more
- Reviewing the Steelers roster after multiple transactions
- Polamalu: 'If attitude won games, we'd go out and get cheerleaders'
- LeBeau is 15-2 against rookie quarterbacks, like Jets Geno Smith
- Steelers vs. Jets Preview: Gut check time at MetLife Stadium