Update: Bell returned for the Steelers in the fourth quarter.
Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell came up gingerly after it appeared his right foot and ankle were rolled over after a reception in the third quarter of the Steelers' Week 6 game against the New York Jets.
Bell was taken out of the third down play that followed, a passing attempt from Antonio Brown where he was pushed out of bounds for a loss. It resulted in a field goal, putting the Steelers up 19-6.
Bell had 41 total yards at the time of the injury, as the Jets are dominating the line of scrimmage against the run.
He missed half of the preseason, and the first three games of the season with a Lisfranc injury in his right foot. His return is questionable.
While Bell's statistics are not outstanding in this game, he's drawing coverage in an outstanding passing game for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
The Steelers are up 19-6 with the ball with 10 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Jets Pregame Stream
- The Standard is The Standard Show, Steelers vs. Jets Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets: Mike Adams deactivated
- The Steelers will get a takeaway against the Jets...right?
- Defensive key matchup: Polamalu vs. Smith
- Fantasy Football: Which Steelers to start/sit
- Offensive key katchup: Velasco vs. Richardson
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Jets in Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets Week 6: TV schedule game time, odds, weather and more
- Reviewing the Steelers roster after multiple transactions
- Polamalu: 'If attitude won games, we'd go out and get cheerleaders'
- LeBeau is 15-2 against rookie quarterbacks, like Jets Geno Smith
- Steelers vs. Jets Preview: Gut check time at MetLife Stadium