Not to disparage the efforts of Steelers left guard Ramon Foster, but Warmack is a physical force. He's the kind of player who'd fit in to some degree in any scheme - with the Steelers looking to utilize power and zone running concepts this season, he'd be nice to have.
And considering the Steelers' general lack of depth along their offensive line, having likely Foster as a swing guard would alleviate a lot of fears as to how long this unit will last.
It never has. Bills guard Doug Legursky is still in the league largely because of the amount of time he played in Pittsburgh as a reserve. Maurkice Pouncey hasn't played every game in a Steelers season yet in his career.
Foster earned an extension this off-season because he's been the fill-in since he came into the league in 2009.
This isn't meant to bash the Steelers' offensive line. And to add another contender to the mix, a focused and suspension/injury free Kenny Britt has proved himself to be a dominant player in the NFL. His rare combination of size and speed comes with what appears to be maturity and injury concerns. Otherwise, Britt could easily make an argument as one of the 10 best receivers in the game.
With Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter landing in Tennessee with high draft picks the last two years, Britt could find himself on the free agency market next year.
Warmack, though, will probably stick around there for a while.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Jonathan Dwyer's release: Everything we know
- 5 Burning Questions: Steelers begin 2013 season
- Revolving Corps: Fans may miss Mike Wallace, but does the Steelers offense?
- Beachum will see time at tight end
- Jonathan Dwyer meets with the Giants
- Tomlin concerned with Locker's mobility
- Steelers start/sit Fantasy Football advice: Give Isaac Redman a look in Week 1
- Titans vs. Steelers: The importance of Jason Worilds' opportunity to start this weekend
- Matt Spaeth placed in IR-Designation to Return, Steelers activate OLB Terence Garvin from Practice Squad
- Recently acquired Zoltan Mesko will be new holder for Shaun Suisham and Steelers
- Steelers coach Tomlin talks about irrelevancy of preseason and depth charts
- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin addresses release of Jonathan Dwyer
- Steelers Injury Report: Le'Veon Bell out, Isaac Redman to start vs Titans
- Will Johnson & Jarvis Jones Participating in Practice This Week
- Tomlin: Heath Miller Day-to-Day