Steelers rookie running back Le'Veon Bell (foot) was previously ruled out of Sunday's Week 1 game against the Tennessee Titans. Fullback Will Johnson (hamstring), though, was listed as probable in the most recent injury report, but still may not see much action.
Jarvis Jones (chest) will play, as will defensive end Brett Keisel (non-injury related), despite both being limited this week in practice.
Tight end Heath Miller is listed as doubtful, and wasn't ever expected to play. He was taken off the PUP list last week, and is going through individual workouts. No word is set on when he will make his debut this season.
"I did everything I could but I didn't get any team reps, except on special teams," Johnson told Ralph N. Paulk. "I haven't been ruled out of the game, so physically I think could play. I don't feel any restrictions, so I'm just waiting for the green light."
If Johnson is held back in this game, the Steelers may use formations in which David Paulson motions into the lead blocking spot on the field on running plays. It would be hard for Paulson to mimic Johnson's pass patterns, and without the two of them on the field at once, it would take away some of the dynamic ability they'd otherwise have.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Titans: The time to send a message is now
- Roethlisberger needs young offensive line to step up Sunday
- Weekend Checkdown heading into Week 1
- Shamarko Thomas's keys are key vs. Titans
- Harbaugh living out Tomlin's prediction
- Ramon Foster interview: Steelers guard talks about zone running, goals for 2013 and Mike Golic, Jr.
- LaMarr Woodley: 'We have to do what we didn't do last year'
- Ravens Super Bowl Hangover performance is example of why nothing else matters but 'getting in'
- The case for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013: Part Three
- Breaking down quarterbacks in their first game against Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau
- Zoltan Mesko grew up a Steelers fan in Cleveland